Tuesday 27 August 2013

Health Food Recipe: Tropical Fruit Bite Balls

Hi everyone,
Today I have a bit of a different post for you all, it's one of my go to recipes that I make almost every week. I've adapted it over time to get it to the flavour that I love.
This is a perfect morning snack to have with a cuppa tea or a coffee ~ its full of dried fruit which will give you a nice glucose sugar hit to get you through the rest of your day, the nuts will help to keep you full until lunch and are said to be a great weight loss food, and the coconut water helps to hydrate you plus it tastes delicious!
I do just make it up in batches of the size I want for that week and I guesstimate the quantities of each ingredient, so ive guessed 'about' how much I use in 'handful amounts'

Ingredients:
4-5 Handfuls of Apricots
2-4 Handfuls of Walnuts
1-2 Handfuls of dried Cranberries
2 Handfuls of shredded Coconut
1 Passionfruit
1/4 cup Coconut Water
1 cup of Desiccated Coconut
Some Baking Paper
 
 


Method:

1: In a large bowl, put in your passionfruit, shredded coconut and dried cranberries

2: Chop up apricots and walnuts. You can use a food processor or just cut them up; I actually use scissors to cut them up!

3: Add in passionfruit and coconut water and mix up with hands




4: Grab small handfuls of the mixture and start to squeeze it together to form a ball shape, keep squeezing until when you release the ball it stays in shape and isn't falling apart. 



5: Place desiccated coconut on some baking paper and put your ball onto the coconut. Cover ball in the coconut until completely covered





Place in container in the freezer and viola! Juicy, yummy, tasty, refreshing tropical bite balls at a pull of a freezer door!
~
I hope you liked this post, let me know if you make them and what you think! I love making my own snacks to have during the week at work, so much healthier than packet stuff!
 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!