Tuesday 5 March 2013

Winter Lust: Capes


It is officially Autumn in Australia, which means gearing up for the colder months (kill me now).

Australia has the joy of being extremely confusing when it comes to the upcoming trends, technically we are a year ahead and we can embrace the AW13 that is on display now before anyone else does due to that whole opposite weather system that occurs, but really we should be following the trends that occurred during AW12. Annoying right?

Any who, a trend that will be occurring this winter is capes. Yes capes, apparently sleeves are no longer in fashion... who knew right. Oddly there is something that screams classy when it comes to capes - below are a few favourites I spotted on Pinterest.


Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
all images above taken from Pinterest

~

All this cape searching spiked my interest as to what was offered on an online fashion website, in comes ASOS with some firm favourites:
Image 1 of ADAM By Adam Lippes Cape Coat
Image 2 of See U Soon Cape Coat
Image 4 of BACK By Ann-Sofie Back Hood Cape


The cape below was actually too good to pass up... so I didn’t. Introducing my newest addition to the winter wardrobe, the Vera Moda Tweed Cape.
Image 4 of Vero Moda Tweed Cape
Image 1 of Vero Moda Tweed Cape
Image 2 of Vero Moda Tweed Cape

What can I say, it was originally $197 reduced to $52, how could I not?

With it being 55% polyester and 45% wool, this bad boy is going to keep me warm, look stylish and be a 'piece' in my wardrobe. That alone gives me enough justification.


I am now officially ok with there being a colder day purely so I can wear this.

Are you looking forward to any upcoming winter trends?

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. We're coming out of Winter in the UK, about time too!

    I HEART capes! I love the burgundy cape, it's gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have the urge to go buy a cape! Looks like your blog is doing the trick lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!